Sunday, September 19, 2010

Teaching e-Portfolios

Most institutions are now requiring their students to create e-portfolios. Some will have existing software and platforms, while others will allow you to create your own. I found this site today that may be of interest to you now that you all have Google Accounts. Its called Googlio. I think its basically a name for the use of all the free tools on Google.

I started an e-portfolio site a few years back using Google Sites, you can have a look. The layout is probably now familiar to you.

It takes time to get a handle on the Google Site format. But its free and it only costs you time (and of course your internet connection). And you can start & close down sites for nothing - I've lost count of how many sites I've started and then closed over the last few years.

Anyway. Check it out if you like. And perhaps, have a yarn with the uni and your teacher registering body about the requirements for e-portfolios for graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment