Friday, September 24, 2010

Update for the week

Hi everyone,
Just a quick update. You're all taking to this blogging stuff like ducks to water I reckon. We only have a couple of students missing - but I'm sure they're all working as hard as they can to get online.

As teachers and professionals, we have to always remember that there are a range of barriers to entry to education (and technology), for example
  • physical barriers (eg. transport), 
  • economic/financial,
  • cultural
  • emotional
  • health
  • and educational.
I would really really love to have some detailed feedback about how we could have better prepared you all for using blogger and the whole Google Account experience. This is the first time that Lisa and I have formally required students to use this so we're pretty much learning as much as you guys.

I suspect that the first residential might have been a bit full-on with all the tech stuff. What do you think? Maybe it will get easier as time goes on as more lecturers do what we're doing, and as word-of-mouth gets around.

Anyway. I've been thinking about longevity of the blog and the unit, so I'm going to start putting the link lists on the side of the blog page. Everyday I come across great websites for teachers and I always want to tell you about them, but am sometimes too concerned about overwhelming you all. If you have any suggestions for great websites, please let me know so I can add them in as well. I'll also be adding in links for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander issues as well as general educational stuff.

Don't forget to let me know when you start your blogs as well. It would be great to create an alumni blog list!

No comments:

Post a Comment