Sunday, September 19, 2010

Blog is closed again

Hi everyone
I've closed the blog again so that only the authors (me, Lisa B, and students) can read it. In order to read it,  you will need to sign in.

One of the key reasons I've closed it again is to protect your opinions and ideas from the scrutiny of the outside world.

But also, I've been reading a bit about copyright law this week, and its pretty clear that we've breached the copyright of a quite a few authors and creators.

If Lisa & decided to teach this subject again next year and to use the blogging system, I will go through each post and ensure that we haven't breached too many laws. I will also have a think about whether we delete all your posts ready for the next group or if we'll ask you all for permission to retain a number of the posts/comments. We'll yarn about this more at the 2nd residential.

I'll be trying to post some articles about copyright for education - its important stuff to know about for when you're in the classroom.

Hope all is going well.
thanks, Leesa

No comments:

Post a Comment