What a busy couple of weeks its been.
Lisa has finally arrived back on Australia from her much-needed and very hard-earned break in New York and Washington. Lisa was able to visit the National Museum of the Amercian Indian, which is one of about 13 museums of the Smithsonian Museum. The NMAI has a fantastic training program for American Indian curators designed to provide professional development and training. They also work with a range of diverse communities across the nation. I can't wait to see the photos that Lisa took of this and am looking for her. As emerging educators you have a great opportunity to access a range of educational theory from Indigenous Peoples the world over. The World Indigenous Peoples Conference on Education (WIPC:E) is a well-established forum of dialogue and engagement with Indigenous Peoples.
I had the privilege of delivering a lecture at Queensland University of Technology to first year pre-service teachers enrolled in EDB007. It was a great opportunity to meet more new teachers. I have uploaded my slides on my blog, The Critical Classroom.
As part of my lecture I also developed a presentation called 5 Deadly Ways to explore Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander perspectives of democracy, politics and civics in your classroom.
Lisa & I are starting our marking this week of your reflections. Keep an eye out over the weekend for your grades. There are still some students whose readings are still to be uploaded.
What needs to be uploaded? Click here on this post & find the answer to the question.
What is the assessment criteria for each assignment? Find it in the course outline (scroll to the bottom of the screen)
If you are still to upload your reading reflections try to do it by the end of the weekend.
If you have uploaded all your reading reflections, please take a few minutes to respond to your classmates readings & questions.
Twenty days till your oral presentations are due. If you haven't started you will need start as soon as you can. You can find more information about the oral presentation here on the website as well as in this animation I created (I thought it might be a bit more interesting that reading).
That's all for now. Keep an eye out for your marks in your email over the weekend.
Cheers, Leesa
No comments:
Post a Comment